Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Very Best Cole Slaw


The Very Best Coleslaw (Asian-style)
I love this stuff.  In fact I really think I could eat it every day for a very long time and not get tired of it.  My children are tired of me raving about it at dinner.  It’s more of an adult food anyway.  You can jazz it up with some crumbled ramen noodles and toasted almonds, just watch the fat.  Cabbage is supposedly a negative-calorie food.  Meaning that it takes more calories to digest it than are contained in the cabbage.  So you can loose fat while you eat!  Well, I’m not sure about that but this is really good.

Mix the sauce:
3 T. rice vinegar
2 t. sugar
1 tsp water (to dissolve the sugar)
salt and pepper to taste

Chop the Veggies:
½ head cabbage cut into shreds
1 large grated carrot
1-2 green onions (your choice, just be sure to use the green part too)

Combine everything and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment