Sunday, April 15, 2012

Choose - a -Fruit Pancakes or Waffles


Saturday mornings mean only one thing in our house, and that is pancakes!  We also rotate between waffles and French toast but for the kids, it’s always some kind of bread product drenched in maple syrup.  I’ve got children who wake up early (like 7:00) just to help me make pancakes.  My eight-year-old is the best flipper in the family!  I love this recipe because it can be used for pancakes or waffles.  I usually use mostly whole wheat flour and a little white but you can make the call on that.  I left out the oil in these pancakes and nobody even missed it, just add any fruit you like.  Our favorite is mashed bananas, but sliced are good too, so is applesauce, blueberries, peaches, raspberries and strawberries.  This recipe has been in staple in my house for years and I hope you enjoy it as well!  Oh, by the way I usually double this for leftovers on Sunday.

Choose a Fruit Pancakes or Waffles

 2 cups flour
1 T. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
2 eggs
2 cups milk
1 T. vanilla

Add any fruit you like, about ½ cup for mashed bananas or applesauce.  Cook on a nonstick griddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment