Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


My oldest daughter loves baking and cooking.  She also loves to help me find low-fat recipes for some of our favorite treats.  She discovered this recipe from the Sun-Maid raisin website.  It is amazing!  We usually make half the batch with raisins and chocolate chips and the other half just chocolate chips since I’ve got a few non-raisin eaters.  These cookies are so good, everyone in my family just wolfs them down (well, they would if I let them) and with just about 1 gram of fat per cookie, that’s okay with me!
                   

In a medium mixing bowl combine:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 1/3 cups oats (quick or old-fashioned)

In a large mixing bowl combine:
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup fat-free vanilla or plain yogurt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together.  Add about 1 cup of raisins or ½ cup chocolate chips or even a little of both.  Bake at 350 degrees on a greased cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes.  Thank you Sun-Maid!


No comments:

Post a Comment