Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Non-Fat Gingersnaps

I really like these.  They're sweet, gingery, soft and dense.  I'm not a chocolate lover, in fact I usually pick out the chocolate chips my daughter puts in her low fat oatmeal cookies.  I usually make stuff without chocolate and these are one of my favorites.  All my dessert recipes have a lot of sugar in them but you can always substitute splenda for the sugar, it trades straight across.  Also, I usually sneak in a little bit of whole wheat flour along with the white, not enough for anyone to notice.

In a mixing bowl combine:

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
1/3 cup molasses
2 egg whites (I usually use 1 whole egg and deal with the minor amount of fat it adds)

in another bowl combine:

2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. soda
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp cloves (optional)
1/4 tsp. salt

Mix both bowls separately, then add the dry to the wet and mix until combined.  Roll into balls and coat with sugar before baking at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  You might need to add just a little more flour if the dough is too sticky to handle.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment